Due to the spread of the coronavirus, the Latvian authorities have decided to temporarily relax the rules on driving times and resting periods for truck drivers, which will apply from March 26 to April 25.
The derogation applies to drivers in domestic and international transport operating in the territory of the Republic of Latvia.
Derogations from Regulation (EC) No 561/2006:
* 11 hours of daily driving time (instead of 9 hours)
* 60 hours of weekly driving time (instead of 56 hours)
* 96 hours of fortnightly driving time (instead of 90 hours)
* 45 minutes break after 5.5 hours of driving (instead of 4.5 hours)
* normal weekly rest period of at least 24 hours without any compensation (instead of 45 hours)
March 30 - drivers entering Latvia have to complete a form (in English) in which they agree not to visit public places / stay in public places (except for parking lots and gas stations)